HVAC Sizing Books

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: HVAC Sizing Books
From: John Miller <johnm@ims.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 1999 09:31:12 -0700 (PDT)
Can someone recommend a good book (or other reference) that will
explain how to size a Forced Air Gas furnace and associated ducting?

[Amazon.com and jlconline.com list some books, but readers comments
 either weren't available or are not too positive in this area.]

I'm changing from local room heaters to central forced air heat
and I'd like to do the work myself.  One possibility is to get
some bids on the job and ask how they'd do it.  But that doesn't
mean its sized right and it doesn't seem terribly ethical.

Thanks for the help,
John Miller