Re: AirComp Qs

To: "shop-talk" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: AirComp Qs
From: "Rex Burkheimer" <rex@inoli.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 1999 13:44:29 -0500
I use a Craftsman PRofessional 6-hp oilless. The compressor fastens directly
to the tank, so I don't see any way to insert a cooling coil between them.
I want to separate it and trap it before it gets to the supply hose.
   I've been eyeing Air-conditioning condensers from cars for this purpose.
Why couldn't I just run a short line from the normal compressor outlet at
the tank,  adapt it to the SAE fittings of a 2' x 3' approx condenser coil,
then adapt a trap and drain at the outlet, then a coupler for the working
hose?  Any reason that wouldn't work?  I realize that some condensers would
be restrictive, but I have seen some with fairly good-sized tubes. For that
matter, I could use several in parallel.

Rex Burkheimer
 J-CON Coordinator, WM Automotive Whse      Fort Worth TX
Texas Region SCCA     FC #19  ITB #49
rex@inoli.com  rburkheimer@hotmail.com

 The Meek shall inherit the earth..
       ...after we're through with it.

DFW Internet Service $9.95 /month, 1st month free, no setup charge
All 56K digital, no busy signals  over 200 N Texas cities
www.inoli.com or toll free  1-877-308-4665