Shop Security

To: "Shop Owner" <shop-owners@autox.team.net>, <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Shop Security
From: "Tony Clark" <lotus.tony@airmail.net>
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 1999 18:01:26 -0500
Matt Ligett wrote about some low-tech shop security like cactus planted
under the window and asked:

> Any other anti-theft thoughts out there?

My shop security is magnified by the fact that my shop is clear across town
from my house.  Though my tools are covered by my homeowners policy and my
cars have comprehensive coverage, I still worried about vandalism and the
loss of non-replaceable items.

Alarm systems seemed very expensive but I kept digging until I found a
wholesale source of all the equipment which my local service could monitor.
The service agreed to check out my installation and monitor it if I
installed my own.  I saved about half price and I sleep lots better knowing
that for 20 bucks a month,  I have constant monitoring of all intrusion,
motion detection, and fire hazards with automatic police, fire and owner
notification . . . what a deal!

Tony