Re: harbour freight recall

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: harbour freight recall
From: Matt Liggett <mml@pobox.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 1999 16:13:14 -0500
On Thu, Jun 10, 1999 at 10:34:04PM -0500, Rex Burkheimer wrote:
> Thieves stole $3000 worth of tools from my shop this month,
> including one of the recalled lights.

Bummer.

> I hope they get a full shot of whatever prompted the recall.

Harbour Freight karma.  Free shipping on life disasters.

Your note reminds me of one of the earlier messages on this list.  A
note from Ronald G. Trimmer (still out there?) in a shop construction
tips thread.

He wrote:
> To discourage theives from climbing in my windows and stealing my
> tools, I have big planter boxes full of prickley pear cactus under
> the outside windows.  These cactus are from a plant I found years
> ago growing along a country road in Missouri.  I live in the St.
> Louis, Mo area.  I have given starts to friends in Peoria, IL and it
> grows there.  If there is interest I could supply starts for the
> cost of postage.

Dunno if Mr Trimmer's offer still stands, but I always thought I'd try
something like that when I built my shop.

Any other anti-theft thoughts out there?
--
Matt Liggett <mml@pobox.com>
Bloomington, Indiana