Drill bits, list (was: E-Z out)

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Drill bits, list (was: E-Z out)
From: Lee Daniels <DANIELS@alchem.chem.tamu.edu>
Date: Sat, 15 May 1999 10:09:25 -0500
>The tool you are looking for is made by RIDGID not RIGID, you can them at
>http://www.ridgid.com/cat73.htm  Hope this helps.
>Jim V.

Amazing.  Again, this list proves invaluable.

As for drilling into broken-off bolts (for insertion of e-z out), I have
heard several folks suggest using a LEFT-HANDED drill bit to do the
drilling, with the advantage being that sometimes the broken stud will back
out just due to the drilling process.

However, I have never seen a set of left-hand thread drill bits!  I've only
looked at hardware stores, Sears, and Harbor Freight.  Do only the high-end
tool dealers have these?

   Lee M. Daniels         Laboratory for Molecular Structure and Bonding
   daniels@tamu.edu                                 Texas A&M University
   http://acs.tamu.edu/~lmd1191