Re: Shop Floors

To: Mark J Bradakis <mjb@autox.team.net>, shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Shop Floors
From: bob bownes <rbownes@neworks.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 1999 14:56:55 -0500

Having grown up on a dairy farm in Central NY as a teenager, I can assure
you this stuff sets up ROCK hard. At least until it rains...Then you can
smooth out all the rough spots...I had to pick-axe out about 4" from the
lower level of the barn when we re-built the floors...

Glad it wasn't me who drove the bucket loader *into* the manure spreader
when loading it (you load it off a loading-dock-like facility)

>Hmm... I need to pour a floor in my barn (converting to a shop) and I have
>(literally) tons of manure from the PO's cows... It probably wouldn't even
>smell bad during the 6 months of winter here in VT! What's the recipe again?

On a shop-talk related note I must admit I spent about half the $ I had
saved for the Bridgeport on a *good* MillerMatic welder (with spot-weld
panel) and brandy-new engine hoist last week...Time to start saving again...

Of course I now, thanks to Leo, have a 3 phase converter...Good incentive
to get the Bridgeport!

bob