Re: Fire Extinguishers

To: Matt Wehland <mattw@webtripper.com>
Subject: Re: Fire Extinguishers
From: Roger Gibbs <rgibbs@pacbell.net>
Date: Tue, 09 Feb 1999 18:38:44 +0000
Matt Wehland wrote:

> I have some questions about fire extinguishers, specifically 10lb'ers.  I
 snip

> Also any experience in Halon/alternative for electronics?  I may be sitting
> on a sizable investment in electronics soon and may need to equip the house
> with one or two.

> Matt Wehland
 Halon is a CFC, like freon.  I believe that it's production is limited,
perhaps it has
now stopped.  Industrial users of halon fire suppresion systems have been
switching to
other methods for some time now.  Halon is still available, although getting
harder to
find and getting more expensive.  If you are looking for a hand held halon fire
extinguisher check with the catalogs that supply auto racers.

-Roger