Tool Identifying

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Tool Identifying
From: Ken Landaiche <ken.landaiche@dlcc.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 1999 14:53:19 -0800
A friend who frequents flea markets gave me a couple of tools I am wondering
about. One is an old looking electric paint polisher, single action, with
wool pads. An acquaintance who looked at it said that type tends to burn
paint. Its label says:

7" Polisher
For Intermittent Use
Sioux Tools
Cat No 1202

The other tool is an air driven linear sander. If it has bearings on each
side of the bed, one side's bearings appear to be shot. At least when I bias
the sanding bed to that side, it gets noisy and rough. Its label reads:

Central Pneumatic
Stock No. 280
Straight Line Sander
Made in Taiwan

What do I have here, wall art or potentially useful tools?

Ken Landaiche