Re: Pittsburgh vs. Husky tools, or why I won't buy cheap tools anymore

To: shook@usc.edu, shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Pittsburgh vs. Husky tools, or why I won't buy cheap tools anymore
From: Malaboge@aol.com
Date: Sat, 6 Feb 1999 14:52:44 EST

><SNIP>

>You'll never regret buying the best tools you can afford.  If nothing
>else, you can just go out to the shop to look at, clean and hold them.
>Life is too short for cheap tools.
>
>doug

I have to second everything Doug sez...even the Micki Moto's.

In addition there's one thing Doug left out. The "Fool Factor". Have you ever
bought something so cheap (tool or not, but especially tools) and when you
tried to use it, it was so bad you threw it away rather than let it annoy you
any further? I have, couldn't even let it sit in the bottom of a toolchest
drawer cause I know that everytime I saw that piece-o-crud it would remind me
of what a Fool I was to have wasted my money on it.
Face it, all of us on this list are only working with our tools as a hobby,
and if you can't take pride in what you do, why do it?

Good tools make you feel good about the end product...
                Nick in Nor Cal