RE: Bishman Tire Machine

To: "'Kinney,Tom'" <tkinney@foxboro.com>,
Subject: RE: Bishman Tire Machine
From: Keith Kaplan <keithka@microsoft.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 1999 14:28:32 -0800
Is it a really complicated part to fabricate?  You're just talking about the
thing that looks like a longish tire iron with a slot along the handle that
slips over the post in the middle, right?  Seems like it wouldn't take too
long to make out of a decent piece of bar stock.  Is there anyone in your
local yellow pages who sells tire machines to the pros?  They might know who
has taken over servicing the shops that still have Bishman machines, if in
fact Bishman has gone under.  If you happen to live in the Seattle area (I'm
guessing foxboro.com might be near Foxboro MA, but in case I'm wrong...),
try Northwest Sales Group ((206) 762-5111) -- I bought my lift and my tire
machine (a Brannick (sp?)) from them and they've been very helpful.
Actually that part isn't too heavy to ship, so you might call them even if
you aren't local.