Re: LBC related Trivia Quiz

To: Bill Kelly <bk54@erols.com>
Subject: Re: LBC related Trivia Quiz
From: "Michael D. Porter" <mdporter@rt66.com>
Date: Tue, 08 Dec 1998 23:58:24 -0700
Bill Kelly wrote:

> Booker T. and the MGs is one... I think "Triumph" was from the late
> '70's, so they don't count...
>
> BK

Hmm, I was about to split hairs, saying that Booker T and the MGs was a
blues band, not a rock band, but then it occurred to me that there was
once a folk group known as the Rovers, or something like that which
included the name Rover. <g> There is also a much more recent New Age
group called the Lotus Eaters. Don't remember the time period, but there
was also a sort of slick funk group called Rolls Royce, I think.

None of those are probably what Joe had in mind, but I have one, mostly
for the people who often frequent the shop-talk list:  what was the name
of an early `80s group which titled a song after a machine tool and what
was the name of the song?

Cheers.