3-1 unit

To: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: 3-1 unit
From: Eric J Petrevich/LRM<inchman@prolog.net>
Date: Sat, 5 Dec 1998 13:10:49 -0500
Well, as a result of discussion on this list, did anyone order the 3-1
machine unit from HF?

I am thinking of making that a part of my next purchase (next month) and
wanted to know if anyone went and ordered it.
I am not a machinist and was thinking of using this machine as a low cost
way to get home equipment to practice on.

Also, has anyone seen a big difference in the units that mount in receiver
hitch and carry items outside and behind the vehicle?  I've seen these
things range from $50-$200 for 500lbs. units and $200-$500 for 1000lbs
units.
This seems like something I could make myself, but for the $50 dollar
units, it wouldn't be worth the effort (even if the low end unit needed
some 'mods' to make it work better/right.)
I mostly need it for carrying welding tanks (since you aren't supposed to
lay the Axy. down.)  and for moving stuff like chipper/shredders that down
fit inside the Jeep.  (why couldn't Jeep put a roll-down window in the back
of the Cherokee?)

TIA for any help.

Inch