HF shop crane - conclusion

To: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: HF shop crane - conclusion
From: ps4330@okc01.jccbi.gov (Peter Schauss x 2014)
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 1998 16:30:32 -0500
In fairness to the folks at HF I thought that I should let list members
know that my conflict with Harbor Freight has been resolved.

Here is a summary of my experience.

August 17,1998:

Ordered the 2 ton foldable shop crane (Item 35915-1VFA).

September 2:

Received the crane and found that it was missing the hydraulic ram.

September 3:

Called HF customer service.  They agreed to ship the missing part.

October 2:

Received an 8 ton capacity hydraulic ram with a FLAT bottom.  (The
shop crane requires on with an eye on the bottom.)

I called customer service again and described the problem.  They
agreed to overnight the proper part along with a shipping label to
allow me to return the incorrect part.

October 26

Called customer service again and spoke to Kelly.  She told me
that the part was not in stock but was expected by 10/30.  She said
that she would have it overnighted to me as soon as it came in.

November 3 (approximately)

Called customer service and was informed that the part had not yet
come it, but was now expected on 11/17.

November 6

Kelly from HF customer service called to tell me that the 8 ton rams
were in and to ask if I still wanted the part.

November 11 (yes Veterans Day)

Came home to find the box sitting on my back porch. (UPS delivers on
Veterans Day.)

Peter Schauss, Long Island, NY
ps4330@okc01.jccbi.gov
schauss@worldnet.att.net