Re: metal lathe info needed

To: Richard George <rkg@teleport.com>, shop-talk <shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: metal lathe info needed
From: "R. John Lye" <rjl6n@server1.mail.virginia.edu>
Date: Mon, 02 Nov 1998 07:43:37 -0500
Hi Richard,

At 09:04 AM 10/31/98 -0800, Richard George wrote:
>I finally got a metal lathe that I extracted from a shop that was being
>closed out of storage.  Its a Logan model 210,

Congrats!

>and I'm hoping somebody out there can help me find some
>information on this unit - information about where to find manuals, URL
>pointers, helpful hints about tearing one of these beasts down for
>cleaning, how to figure out what gears to use for feed rates, etc.,
>would be greatly appreciated...

If you've got access to UseNet News - hop on over to the
newsgroup rec.crafts.metalworking  Scott Logan, who is the
current president and son of the founder of Logan lathes,
is an active participant in that newsgroup.  Apparently
the company is still around and from what I gather, they
still have parts and manuals, etc. available.

later,

John Lye
rjl6n@Virginia.edu