Leather Care

To: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Leather Care
From: Gil Fuqua <gfuqua@corpcomminc.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 1998 08:06:04 -0700
I've used the Leatherique products and am convinced that they do a great
job in keeping the leather soft and supple.  I also agree about keeping the
grit out of the seams.  Before cleaning the seats with any product, I
vacuum out the seams and brush out any remaining residue with a soft
toothbrush.  You do not want to grind the small particles into the seams or
the rest of the leather face.

I just completed a restoration of a 1927 car and used the Leatherique
leather conditioner to soften the old, dry leather cover for the
convertible top.  After a number of applications over a period of a few
weeks, the leather was soft again.  I then used the Leatherique dye to
recolor the cover.  It now looks and feels like a new one.  Prior to the
treatment, the leather cover was so stiff, I thought about having a new one
made.

I also use the Leatherique cleaner and conditioner on both my new car with
leather and the old ones.

Leatherique can be contacted as follows:
email: LRPLTD@AOL.COM
phone:  (904) 272-0992

No financial interest in Leatherique.

Gil Fuqua