Re: Air tool lubrication

To: Edward Hamilton <hamilton@ptd.net>
Subject: Re: Air tool lubrication
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Wed, 07 Oct 1998 17:30:39 -0400
Edward Hamilton wrote:

> I recently purchased some "All Trade" brand air tools.  With respect to
> the 1/2" Impact wrench, there is a special notation on the instruction
> sheet:  "The right side of the housing has an allen screw with the word
> "oil" below it.  This is provided so that users can oil the front clutch
> mechanism periodically on new units.  Remove the screw and pour one
> tablespoon of SAECO OIL into the opening...."
> The question being -- what is SAECO oil?

  Unsure, but the typical oil procedure for impact tools
is this.

  Lubricate the air intake daily with a few drops. This
is the "motor" part, and needs daily lube like most air
tools.

  Lubricate the "impact" mechanism when new and 3-4 times
a year as follows: Squeeze a tablespoon of oil into the
hole. Screw in acp. Operate tool for 30 seconds in each
direction while spinning it around all angles to get
the oil to go everywhere. (don't bring it near anything
nice, it will mist oil out of the exhaust). Drain tool
of anything that will run out. Seal it up. The residual
oil is all it needs.

--
Trevor Boicey, P. Eng.
Ottawa, Canada, tboicey@brit.ca