Re: A never asked Question ?

To: Scott Hinckley <scotth@wrq.com>
Subject: Re: A never asked Question ?
From: Berry Kercheval <berry@kerch.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 1998 16:43:19 -0700

scotth@wrq.com said:
>  At 14:20 -0500 08/21/1998, nogera@juno.com wrote:
> will use .  Hisopinion is that the work the motor has to do to push in
>that last 40 lbs is much greater than it did to get to  140.

> This is true, try pumping up a 100psi bicycle tire sometime, each push
> gets progressively harder as higher psi pushes back at you.

This is probably why my 110 volt compressor fires up fine when the tank is
empty but blows the circuit breaker every time it cycles after that.

Yeah, yeah, I need to run a 220 line to my garage.  Until I get a round tuit,
I just turn off the compressor when it stops the first time and don't
do big jobs.