Re: parts washers

To: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: parts washers
From: Mike Lee - Team Banana Racing <mikel@ichips.intel.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 1998 08:57:57 -0700

>I was in the local Northern Hydraulics store this afternoon (repairing
>lawnmower - uck!) and saw that they have a 3.5 gallon parts washer for
>$49.95.  The picture on the box was just like a big one:  tank, pump,
>spray hose; but only about 18" by 24 ".  And opinions on this?

Harbor Freight has a 20 gallon one; I bought one 4-5 weeks ago for $79.95.
I think they are around $100 normally.  It has a cheapo pump, but a friend
with an identical one (I decided to buy mine after seeing his) has been
using his regularly with no problems for the past year.  He does use coffee
filters over the pump inlet to filter out junk, and modified it so the
inlet doesn't pick solvent off the bottom of the tank.

I haven't tried mine yet; still waiting for the garage floor to dry (being
painted today)......=8^)

Good luck,
Mike