Re: Lift Stops

To: "Eric Petrevich" <inchman@prolog.net>, <shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Lift Stops
From: "Steve Hammatt" <shammatt@sos.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 1998 07:50:06 -0700
My lift (Ammco) is a sturdy commercial version that
I purchased slightly used from a local tire dealer (it's rated
for 7000 lbs.).  It has 2 posts that are bridged at the top;
mounted along the top rail is a foam covered bar hooked to
a micro-switch. Touch that bar (truck roof, etc.) and everything
STOPS!
Seems like the manufacturer, in this case, took care of these
concerns<G>
Steve
BTW, paid $1500 and they delivered to my shop door.  Took
about 4 hours (with a bit of assistance) to install.  Rented an
impact drill for 4 hours, best rental dollars I ever spent.