Re: Fw: Leak-Down Testing

To: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Fw: Leak-Down Testing
From: JackiHarry <JackiHarry@aol.com>
Date: Mon, 25 May 1998 14:22:21 EDT

Someone asked:

<snip>
 I already have an adjustable regulator and a gauge on my compressor

 so all I need is a 1/4" npt pipe tee with a .040 - .050 orifice

 (drilled soldered-up hose barb) on the inlet side, one 100 psi gauge

 and a hose to a connector brazed to an old sparkplug body.  Make

that

 $9!

I took apart a friend's leakdown teaster, and the orifice was .055", and the
calibrate pressure was 35PSI.  it very rarely turned an engine over, and it
looked like the % was close to straight percent (ie 35PSI=0%, 17.5=50%).  it
was marked at good being between 40-30% to 10% leakage (the green area).

Take care, Scott M Ryan