Re: Anti-Sieze

To: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Anti-Sieze
From: "Nils O. Ny" <n.ny@intest.com>
Date: Tue, 05 May 1998 13:32:12 -0400
At 09:16 AM 5/5/98 -0700, Heather & Joe Way wrote:

Big Snip ....

>PPS- Loctite is great in situations where vibration, poor fit or other
>factors cause otherwise properly installed fasteners to loosen. I
>reserve its use, generally, to such situations. The manufacturer's
>engineers usually have a good handle on what's required to keep
>assemblies intact, and I try to put things together the way they did. If
>they put on a lockwasher, I put on a lockwasher.

AMEN ... Me too!   I also assume that the engineers who manufactured
the product have researched their methods of manufacture thoroughly
and have invested far more time than I have available.
If they don't use it - I don't  ....  If they do use it - then I use it
(even if it
makes no sense to me and have no idea why they did it).

Regards  Nils
Yardley,  PA
59(100-6)  69XKE  72/73MGB  52MGTD