RE: air driven grease guns

To: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: RE: air driven grease guns
From: Ken Landaiche <ken_landaiche@dlcc.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 1998 11:15:06 -0800
I use a needle tip on my hand operated grease gun. My Europa's ujoints
don't have room between the arms for the tip that grasps the nipple
firmly, as someone recently described. The needle tip works quite well.
I have to get the tip lined up with the grease fitting. Any angle lets
the grease out the side. And the fitting has a spring plunger to seal
it. So I push the needle tip in until I feel it set into the fitting's
hole. Then I grease away.

Now for my question: what grease should I use in the gun for general
suspension and drive line greasing? I have had the same cartridge in the
gun for eight years and it's finally getting empty.

Ken Landaiche