White walls

To: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: White walls
From: dave.williams@chaos.lrk.ar.us (Dave Williams)
Date: Fri, 06 Feb 1998 17:16:00 -0500
-> A quick thought on painting walls white.  Consider spending $5 - $10
-> bucks for a 4 x 8 foot sheet of the cheapest plain white tileboard
-> your home center store or lumberyard has.  Stick it on the wall above
-> or near your workbench.  You'll end up with a nice, bright surface
-> that is also 48 square foot of whiteboard, handy for making quick
-> notes and sketches.

 Good idea.  A friend has built a little office in his shop, paneled
inside and out with melamine bathroom board.  He painted a stripe
halfway up; his kids are free to draw on the bottom half, he puts notes
on the top.

 Last two sysadmin jobs I had, I paneled the computer rooms in the
stuff.  Freaked people out when I'd whip out a marker and start drawing
on the walls.

 My Dad has done his benchtops in his woodworking shop with the stuff.
I'm using some white 18-wheeler mud flaps I got from a truck stop as
bench covers.  They're relatively cheap and take plenty of abuse.  The
plan was to put melamine board on the wall behind the bench, but I've
already covered the whole area with shelves and cabinets.

==dave.williams@chaos.lrk.ar.us===http://home1.gte.net/42/index.htm==
I've got a secret / I've been hiding / under my skin / | Who are you?
my heart is human / my blood is boiling / my brain IBM |   who, who?