air compressor auto drain.......

To: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: air compressor auto drain.......
From: jniolon@uss.com
Date: Mon, 01 Dec 1997 16:19 -0400 (EDT)

     just reading through some previous info on compressors and found an
     interesting comment about building an auto drain feature...it referred
     to a vertical tank...my questions

     can you do the auto drain feature with a horizontal tank ?

     what is needed to build one...parts, instructions etc please

     I plan to move my compressor to an outside location and would like to
     include this in the plumbing I have to do...also...

     what about the compressor operation in an outdoor (covered) location
     and the tempratures in the 20- 30 degree range ?  any problems like
     oil weight...maybe adding a heat strip around block ???

     all input is welcome

     thanks  john