Re: Tablesaw

To: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Tablesaw
From: mcveyp@kingman.com
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 1997 10:27:46 -0700
>My going in assumption is that all other things
>being equal, belt drive would be better.  Comments?

IMO, not humble, its a cynical/conspiracy/paranoia ridden opinion. The
lawyers probably told engineering that a belt drive could hang up a customer
and lead to litigation. So, they designed a direct drive that is enclosed.
The cost is slightly more but the tool company can make more on the
increased profit margin.  Any enhancements to quality are extraneous and
accidental. But I could be wrong.