Re: Plasma cutters

To: Steve Obert <sobert@snet.net>
Subject: Re: Plasma cutters
From: rwil@cts.com (Roland Wilhelmy)
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 1997 14:37:02 GMT
On Thu, 18 Sep 1997 09:36:43 -0400, you wrote:

>I see that Daytona Mig has 110 volt plasma cutters.  Any experiences or
>comments?

I have  a Hypertherm  MAX 20 110 volt plasma cutter.  It is rated to
cut 3/16 steel and I have cut 1/4 inch with it.  A plasma cutter is a
truly liberating tool,  especiallly on sheet metal where it will cut
as fast as you can draw a good line.  I can't report specifically on
Daytona's plasma torch.

Be prepared to grind the cut edges to finished shape, the slag left
from plasma cutting is tough enough to dull files.  Properly adjusted
you won't have much slag.

-Roland