LPG torches

To: Shop Talk <shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: LPG torches
From: "Douglas E. Shook" <dshook@usc.edu>
Date: Tue, 01 Jul 1997 18:10:50 -0400
Shop Talkers,

I'm sure that some of you have been doing this for years, but I just now
figured it  out.  I was tired of running out of propane cylinders for
the torch everytime I needed one, and I felt bad about throwing out a
perfectly good cylinder only because it was empty.

So, I put together about a six foot hose with the proper end fittings to
attach my propane torch head to a regular LPG tank.  It is easier to use
(just a hose, no cylinder in your hand), almost never runs out, is dirt
cheap to run compared to the little cylinders, and you don't have to
throw away anything.

Just keep one propane cylinder on hand if the big one runs out!

thank you,

doug shook