Re: Metrinch

To: inchman@prolog.net
Subject: Re: Metrinch
From: dmeadow@juno.com
Date: Tue, 20 May 1997 16:46:23 EDT
On Tue, 20 May 1997 15:01:49 -0400 Eric Petrevich <inchman@prolog.net>
writes:
>Well I just ordered the Metrinch set.  If you want to order the set,
>go
>to the Infomercial site.  The 71 piece set cost $105 LESS than if you
>order it eslewhere ($150 w/ s&h).
>FWIW, I got the 71 piece set and a set of 1/2" impact wrenches for
>$201.95 (W/ shipping and handling)  I will not be charged until I have

Mmm, sorry, but what you ordered is the *48* piece set.  The 71 piece set
includes some 1/2" drive sockets and ratchet, which is NOT included in
the 48 piece set.

Not that what you ordered isn't good, but you the savings you quoted
don't compare apples to apples.  Besides, I wouldn't want you to harbor
false expectations on what you will receive in the mail.

The 48 piece set (which is what I have) seems to be a promotional item,
sold only through the infomercial and its web site.  Eastwood doesn't
sell it and it doesn't even appear in Metrinch's own catalog.

Your idea to combine orders is a good one, I wish I had done it!

Enjoy your new tools!

David Littlefield
Houston, TX