Re: sandblasting brake rotors

To: Bruce Wentzel <GreenDot@compuserve.com>
Subject: Re: sandblasting brake rotors
From: Bob Hamilton <hamilton@cast.navnet.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 1997 07:52:06 -0400
Bruce,

        Sandblasting woud not be my choice and unless it is really severe deep
piited rust, I'd leave them alone as within the first few times of use,
they will be all shiny again. If you really want to do something, just sand
them with a medium grit sandpaper. In severe cases they can be turned in a
lathe.

Later,
Bob

At 10:12 PM 3/25/97 -0500, you wrote:
>Cars that sit over the winter here end up with surface rust on the brake
>rotors.  Any reason that I should not sandblast the rotors to remove it?
>
>Bruce Wentzel

Robert (Bob) A.C. Hamilton, Waverley, Nova Scotia, Canada
The Man of Many Sunbeams - All "Proper" Talbot Types
E-Mail: hamilton@cast.navnet.net