Fire extinguishers

To: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Fire extinguishers
From: Eddie Renoux <elr@mcdata.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 1997 08:22:14 -0700
When I was a professional pilot the rumor was that dry chemical ABC type
fire extinguishers could cause serious damage to an aluminium engine --
especially if the engine were running.  Is this true?  I have always
tried to keep a few CO2 extinguishers around in case I start a carb fire
or some such but they are a real pain to assure that they are charged
(have to be weighed).  Can I just use ABC extinguishers instead?

Too bad they banned halon extinguishers.

Eddie Renoux   elr@mcdata.com