Re: metal brake line replacement & tools

To: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: metal brake line replacement & tools
From: dave.williams@chaos.lrk.ar.us (Dave Williams)
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 1997 17:36:00 -0500
-> In 35 plus years of following things automotive, avocationally and
-> professionally, I have never heard of a brake pipe bursting all on
-> it's own. Not on street vehicles, nor racing vehicles.

 Happened to a car I was riding in.  A '56 Chevy, in 1977 - a car only
21 years old.  (most of my current fleet is older than that)

 It happened in the main line back to the rear axle, approximately under
the back seat.  It split lengthwise and outward.  At the time I had no
idea why; now I would suspect internal corrosion damage from never
having had the brake fluid changed.

 A '56 Chevy has a single master cylinder.  The failure was exciting.
Glad it wasn't my car.

 I've never seen appreciable corrosion on the outside of a brake line,
though I'll admit I'm well south of the Salt Belt.

====dave.williams@chaos.lrk.ar.us========================DoD#978=======
  can you help me...help me get out of this place?...slow sedation...
ain't my style, ain't my pace...giving me a number...NINE, SEVEN, EIGHT
==5.0 RX7 -> Tyrannosaurus RX! == SAE '82 == Denizens of Doom M/C '92==