Re: Air Compresser - Phase 2

To: Michael Sloane <msloane@worldnet.att.net>
Subject: Re: Air Compresser - Phase 2
From: "David P. Anderson" <davidp@wolfenet.com>
Date: Sun, 09 Mar 1997 05:25:54 -0800
<HT+AE0-L><BODY>
+AE0-ichael Sloane wrote:&nbsp+ADs-

<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE>At 02:56 A+AE0- 3/9/97 +0000, Steve Hammatt wrote:
<BR><I>&gt+ADs-OK, now that I've got my air compressor,</I>
<BR><I>&gt+ADs-what's the group's collective wisdom on the</I>
<BR><I>&gt+ADs-following:</I>
<BR><I>&gt+ADs-&lt+ADs-snip&gt+ADs-</I>
<BR><I>&gt+ADs-3.&nbsp+ADs- Since this is a vetical 60 gal unit (just a weee
bit</I>
<BR><I>&gt+ADs-top heavy), I'd planned to secure to concrete floor+ADs-</I>
<BR><I>&gt+ADs-any recommendations?&nbsp+ADs- anti-vibration pads, how to
secure</I>
<BR><I>&gt+ADs-to concrete, etc.</I>
<BR>This has been mentioned before in this forum, and I think the conclusion
<BR>was that one should not secure the compressor too well, since the normal
<BR>operating vibrations will fatique the mounting legs if they are not allowed
<BR>to move. It was suggested that only 2 of the 4 legs be lagged into the
<BR>floor, and not clamped down tight - this would keep the machine from
<BR>&quot+ADs-walking&quot+ADs- and not allow it to tip, while still allowing
it to
bounce around
<BR>a little. I would drill and install regular plastic or lead anchors.
<BR>
<BR>+AE0-ike
<BR><I>&gt+ADs-&gt+ADs-</I>
<BR><I>&gt+ADs-Steve</I>
<BR><I>&gt+ADs-</I>
</BLOCKQUOTE>
&nbsp+ADs-A couple of&nbsp+ADs- thick rubber bushings , 1 above the foot, and
one
below, on a stud, and you can tighten them down with no problem. Bushings
for shock absorber posts work really well!
<BR>
<BR>Dave
<BR>

</BODY>