Re: keeping 7018 rod dry

To: "Richard George x 7247 (sun)" <rkg@etec.com>, <shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: keeping 7018 rod dry
From: kengano@advant.com (Gano, Ken)
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 1997 17:39:50 -0600
Yes, the plastic tubes do a wonderful job.  I've kept electrodes for
literally years.

Another option, (a few more bucks) is an old refrigerator.  Disconnect the
refrigeration but leave the light bulb.  Wire the light bulb so that it's
always on.  This costs me many sales in the welding supply business, but
everybody swore it worked well.

Good luck
Ken Gano
kengano@advant.com