Re: Newbie - looking for auto lift for shop

To: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Newbie - looking for auto lift for shop
From: todd_wuerdeman@JUNO.COM (Todd E Wuerdeman)
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 1997 10:05:41 EST
I've just signed up on the list, looking
forward to some great information.  I've recently
built a 2K sq. ft. shop building.  Need to add a
few things (heat is one of them!).
Right now my birthday is coming up and my bride of
nearly 30 years says she wants to buy me a lift.
(I'm getting too old to lay on the concrete).

I'm looking for a used lift, any recommendations
as to type? source? costs?

Thanks.
Steve Hammatt
shammatt@sos.net
Mount Vernon WA USA

Steve,
     I have a minor adventure for you.  I went in search of the same
information you are about four years ago.  There is a large amount of
"floor mounted" lifts (in Jacksonville FL) that you can get from private
owners or shops going out of business.  They were in a "heavy equipment
trader" mag like the "auto trader".  It cost me $1.50 and saved me so
much time.  I found four that were under two grand and have hydraulics
that mount right next to lift.

Good Luck.  Glad your other half is supportive.  to bad "she" can't lift
the vehicle, (big grin) it would save you the expense of buying one.

Todd
Being responsible sometimes means pissing people off.
todd_wuerdeman@juno.com