1/2 impact wrench

To: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: 1/2 impact wrench
From: mbarre@JUNO.COM (Matt Barre)
Date: Mon, 3 Feb 1997 11:59:05 PST
While talking with a local snap-on dealer a few weeks ago he showed me an
Ingersoll Rand 21311/2" ultra duty air impact wrench.  It is incredibly
light (4.5#) with a composite casing and can produce an amazing 600ftlbs
in reverse.  As soon as I held it I knew that I wanted one but he cured
me by quoting a $230 price tag.  I thought nothing of this until
yesterday.  While browsing through the latest Harbor Freight catalog I
spied the object of my desire for $180.  Still pretty pricey but within
the realm of the possible.  Someone talk me out of this...tell me that
they wear out quickly and the rebuild kit is $150.  After all, I have
bought running cars for less!  I bet I could have disassembled them much
faster with this baby though.

mrb