Finish questions

To: british-cars@Autox.Team.Net, shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Finish questions
From: Jeff Fayne <fayne@ibm.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 1997 07:47:12 -0600
I've been bead blasting and painting various engine ancillaries during
my MGB engine rebuild and engine compartment restoration and have
come to some pieces that I'm not sure how I should finish.

The first is the carb heat shield, I know it should be silver, but
should I just bead blast it and leave it unfinished (and destined to
rust) or should I paint it silver? Type of paint recommendation?

The other item is the brake and clutch hydralic lines. The lines are
currently removed from the car and seeing that there is nothing
physically wrong with them, I'm planning on just bead blasting them and
refinishing them somehow. False economy? Any recommendations here?

                Thanks,

                        Jeff