Re: Grinders vs Buffers

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Grinders vs Buffers
From: GGORMAN@dsava.com (Gorman, George)
Date: Tue, 07 Jan 1997 09:40 EST
Scott:

I've been interchanging grinding wheels, wire wheels and buffers on my bench
grinder for years now.  The biggest problem that I've run into with using the
buffing wheels on a grinder is the motor speed.  Most grinders run about twice
as fast as you'd like for buffing.  This means you have to be really careful
while you're buffing so that you don't burn through the finish of whatever
your're buffing.  Other than that, the long spindle on the buffers can be
really nice for large (or contorted) parts, as you mentioned.

George Gorman

ggorman@dsava.com

People: can't live with them, can't trade them for parts