Re: RE: Air Compressors (Car A/C)

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: RE: Air Compressors (Car A/C)
From: JackiHarry@aol.com
Date: Sat, 14 Dec 1996 13:51:17 -0500
jblair@exis.net Wrote:

>BTW, another neighbor made a compressor from an old car A/C
>compressor and an electric motor.  Can't remember if he had a
>pressure cut on/off switche on it or not.  But for small/short
>jobs it did the trick.  I wouldn't try sandblasting with it, but >it
probably
>could handle spray painting a car.

I had such a thing, but it was on the car.  Came in very useful when I have a
problem in the middle of the desert (arizona) w/ 1 flat (tread peeled off)
and one leaky spare.

I would not recommend painting w/ a car A/C unit, though-the oil isn't
filtered well enough of these (the A/C pumps are meant to have oil flowing
through the entire system)

Scott Ryan