Re: MIG welder

To: skog@whidbey.com
Subject: Re: MIG welder
From: ps4330@okc01.rb.jccbi.gov (Peter Schauss x 2014)
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 1996 11:00:23 -0500

> Just subscribed to this list. I am considering buying a mig welder for
> occasional use restoring autos. (British cars). I would like to get
> some input from anyone who has purchased and used any of the more
> inexpensive units. Thanks !
>
> Dennis Skog
> skog@whidbey.com

I am using the Lincoln WeldPack 100 with the MIG conversion kit.
It runs on 110 and does an adequate job for my application (replacing
the sills on my MGB).  If I had it to do over again I would go to
a welding supply shop, picking a time when they were not real busy, and try to
get their recommendations based on my description of what I was
trying to do.

Another recommendation:  Get one of those helmets with the instant darkening
lense.  The cost is about $140 it they will make a significant difference
in the quality of your work.

Peter Schauss
ps4330@okc01.rb.jccbi.gov
pschauss@aol.com