Re: TR3 engine knocking, Help .

To: jibrooks@JUNO.COM
Subject: Re: TR3 engine knocking, Help .
From: andertonm@JUNO.COM (Mark R. Anderton)
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 1996 19:01:56 EST
On Tue, 26 Nov 1996 21:26:52 EST jibrooks@juno.com (Jack I Brooks)
writes:
>Nick,
>
>Since you have really made my day, I have only one question:  What
>about the timing chain?  Any possibility the problem could be there?
>I am going to do the old metal rod or heater hose trick to try to
>identify where the noise is coming from.  I'll let y'all know
>tomorrow.
>
>Jack Brooks
>Hillsdale, New Jersey
>1960 TR3-A TS69032L

I, too, used the screwdriver, hose, etc. to look for strange noises in my
collection of noise-prone vehicles.  A few weeks ago I broke down and
bought a mechanic's stethascope from Sears.  This thing is GREAT!  I was
amazed at how much it amplified and isolated the various noises that make
up the concerto coming from my cars.  It was like $14 and worth every
penny.

Mark Anderton

1972 Triumph TR6 (daily driver)
1984 Jaguar XJ6 (2 ea - some people never learn)
1966 Morris Minor (everything a car should be)
1971 Land Rover
1967 Daimler V8 Saloon
1958 Velocette MSS (500cc single)