Re: Re[2]: Air compressors yet

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Re[2]: Air compressors yet
From: GGORMAN@dsava.com (Gorman, George)
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 1996 15:50 EST
I built simple frames with 2x2s covered with the cheapest acoutic tiles I could
buy on sale.  My compressor sits in the corner of the garage, so I built two
frames (about 2ftx8ft to hold two full acoustic tiles each), hooked them
together with hinges and placed them around compressor (with tiles facing
towards the compressor).  Then placed left over tiles on the walls behind the
compressor and in rafters above, making sure enough air could get in to cool
the motor.  Works pretty good, but I still use ear muffs when I'm going to be
working near the compressor a long time (like bead blasting).  Really, basic
problem is that to kill noise you want to seal off compressor, but compressor
needs cooling air.  If I was smart in the beginning, I probably would have
built a little shed for the compressor outside the garage, but.....

George Gorman
While we are talking about compressors, does anyone have any suggestions
as to how the noise can be muffled?

Peter Schauss
ps4330@okc01.rb.jccbi.gov
pschauss@aol.com