fatigue

To: shop-talk@triumph.cs.utah.edu
Subject: fatigue
From: dave.williams@chaos.lrk.ar.us (Dave Williams)
Date: Sat, 16 Nov 1996 10:42:00 +0000
-> P.S. Of fatigue in general:  On my milling machine, there are TWO
-> switches. Both have OFF as the middle position. BAD HABIT: I would
-> leave the low-off-high

 A place where I used to work had a bunch of Bridgeport mills.  Over the
years Bridgeport had changed the switches.  On some, the up position was
forward, down reverse.  On others, it was the other way.  Some bozo
decided to "standardize" all of the machines by rewiring them all to
match.  Unfortunately, said bozo did nothing about the "FORWARD" and
"REVERSE" on the switch plates, which were now, of course, backwards.
Destroyed a lot of expensive cutters and tooling with those machines...