Re: welding gas tank

To: gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu, jblair@exis.net
Subject: Re: welding gas tank
From: EHarte@aol.com
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 1996 13:42:26 -0500
Ray,

I do some TIG and MIG welding for misc repair jobs and wear bifocals.
Needless to say, I hate the bifocals. I went ahead and bought a pair of
glasses with just the near vision parameters only. It works great for
welding, but I have a hard time seeing anything faraway.

I also use the auto darkening lens and have loved it. It is especially great
for MIG welding when you are trying to fill in a gap. You can intermittently
weld, stop to cool the weld site, then resume welding. No messing with the
helmet during this process. I would never go back to the old face shields.

Finally, I live in the southeast with high humidity, and have had a problem
with fogging of my glasses. Try the anti-fog from rain-x, it works great.

Good welding...

Ed