Re: maximat 7??

To: "Richard George x 7247 (sun)" <rkg@etec.com>
Subject: Re: maximat 7??
From: "Michael D. Porter" <mdporter@rt66.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 1996 13:34:10 -0700
Richard George x 7247 (sun) wrote:

> The problem is that I can't find any info on these beasties (are they
> no longer imported/made?) - does anyone out there have any idea what the
> specs on these are/were?

I believe the unit is German-made (expensive parts), and the 7 refers to
the swing over the bed.  Which probably translates to 3 to 3-1/2" useful
swing.  I think about 18" maximum between centers, so more like 11-12"
useful with a chuck and tailstock installed.  Milling attachment bolted
to the backside of the bed.  Last distributor I knew of who carried them,
and this was several years ago, was Blue Ridge Tools.  Don't have an
address handy, but they used to regularly advertise in the machinery &
tools section of the classifieds in either Pop. Mechanics or Mechanix
Illustrated or both.
Cheers.

--
My other Triumph doesn't run, either....