Re: Torches

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Torches
From: walter@roadster.sps.mot.com (thomas walter x5955)
Date: Wed, 7 Aug 96 12:22:10 CDT
>  Now for a question:  does anyone know where I can get a tee wrench to
> operate the little 1/8 sq. valve on the acetylene bottle?  The set came
> with a tiny little dogbone wrench, but I'd like a tee like I use on the
> big bottles.

If it was a 1/4" I'd just weld a old socket to a "T" handle. ;-)

For those with a milling machine, you could take a 4" section of
1/2" x 1/4" CRS, and clamp it at a 45 degree angle in the vise.
Use a milling cutter to cut a grove into it, so the flats are
1/8" deep and 1/8" wide.  Now, cut it in half, and put the two
2" ends together... you should have a 1/8" square drive hole.
Braze, and fit the "T" to that.

Cheers,

Tom Walter
Austin, TX.