RE: Paint POR-15

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Paint POR-15
From: "Lee Daniels, daniels@tamu.edu" <DANIELS@alchem.chem.tamu.edu>
Date: Sat, 29 Jun 1996 9:33:16 -0500 (CDT)
>I purchase the loose fitting plastic gloves from a wharehouse buying
>club (Price club).  I get 3 packs of 100 gloves for about $5.  I where

You definitely want to wear gloves when using POR-15, just like they
recommend in their literature (especially when you're using the black
POR-15).  Well, unless you don't mind looking like you've got the
black-patch plague. The stuff *bonds* to the skin, gets down deep, and does
*not* come off until it just wears off.

>I buy the cheapest 1" brushes I can get, about $75 each, from Kmart.

Wow, 75 bucks for a cheap brush?  Hey, I've got some you can have for only
$50 apiece.  ;-)

QUESTION:  Is there an acceptable way to thin POR-15?

Lee M. Daniels   Laboratory for Molecular Structure and Bonding   Texas A&M
 daniels@tamu.edu            (409) 845-3726          Fax (409) 845-9351