Spitfire Body Question

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Spitfire Body Question
From: Metwrench@aol.com
Date: Mon, 3 Jun 1996 16:48:23 -0400
Hi Folks, I'm new to the list, Hello All

Question:

I'm restoring an 80 Spitfire, Rockers, Dog legs, floors all new and welded
in. I have about a 1" gap between the doors and hood assembly. I noticed 1
other Spitfire with same thing, Is this normal for Spitfire bodys to have
this gap? If not, is there a correction that you can tell me? Can you tell me
where I went wrong? Please not that the gap between the hood and windshield
cowl is perfect, so bringing the hood back wouldn't work.

Thanks

John P.
Automotive Vocational Instructor
ASE , L1 Master Tech