[GGORMAN@dsava.com: Re: Compressors]

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: [GGORMAN@dsava.com: Re: Compressors]
From: Mark J Bradakis <mjb@spitfire.cs.utah.edu>
Date: Tue, 7 May 1996 16:16:58 -0400
George Gorman says:

     We had a whole slew of letters about plumbing air lines, etc. about a
     month ago here in shop talk.  They might be archived somewhere on the net.

Well, yes.  The shop-talk list is archived, on a monthly basis.  To see the
list of archive files, send mail to majordomo@autox.team.net, with the line

index shop-talk

as the contents of the message.  You'll get back something like

total 1366
-rw-rw-r--   1 majordom mailadmin 413152 Jan 31 11:08 shop-talk.archive.9601
-rw-rw-r--   1 majordom mailadmin  98168 Feb 28 14:12 shop-talk.archive.9602
-rw-rw-r--   1 majordom mailadmin  52559 Mar 26 14:15 shop-talk.archive.9603
-rw-rw-r--   1 majordom mailadmin  99063 Apr 28 17:41 shop-talk.archive.9604
-rw-rw----   1 majordom mailadmin   6976 May  7 13:41 shop-talk.archive.9605

You would then have to decide that maybe the compressor articles are all in the
april archive, and send mail to majordomo@autox.team.net with the line

get  shop-talk  shop-talk.archive.9604

Then majordomo will email back the April archive.  If someone were to extract
all the compressor info, and create one regular text file, I could put it in
the archive directory, and it could also be retrieved with this method.  But
if you want to wade through previous mail for this list, or any of the others
run from here, the index and get commands will do the trick.

mjb.