Compressors

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Compressors
From: Nickbk@aol.com
Date: Fri, 3 May 1996 21:51:09 -0400
Hi Guys-
I know that there has been a semi-on-going thread about which compressors to
buy and which are not worth it. I admit I've been a bad boy, and not paid to
much attention. Now my truck is about to drive that "last mile" and I find I
need to buy a compressor. No, not to fix the truck, but to get a compreesor
home before the thing dies as I am not going to buy another truck and I live
in what is usually termed "the boonies".
So, can anyone give me a recap on what to look for etc etc. I intend to use
the compressor to paint more than anything else. What I "think" I need is
something around 5hp and 60 gal. I have 220 avail, don't know what phase I
have, whatever would run a household dryer ? My electrical knowlege ends when
I throw the switch.

                                                      Airless and almost
Truckless
                                                                 Nick