Parts washer update

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Parts washer update
From: Steve Obert <sobert@snet.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 1996 22:07:19 -0500
A while back I asked some questions about parts washers and
received many helpful replies.  I just got everything together
and wanted to let everyone know how it turned out.

Parts involved:
Plastic wash tub from home depot
15 gal rear end grease barrel
Small utility pump
Flow through brush from Grainger
Misc plastic tubing and fittings
Filter ( plastic, sold as water filter )

I decided to go with the regular green parts washing solvent as
it has some anti-rust additives which remain on the parts. 10
gallons did the trick.  The sink is large enough to hold a 4
cylinder block and is deep enough to keep the splashing down.
If I plug the sink I can partially fill it and soak parts in it.
Next addon a nice cover for the sink and maybe some additional
bracing.